Pub quiz! How many of our Jurassic Coast films and TV shows can you guess?
See how many you can figure out. We’ve provided a few clues and answers are at the bottom of the page!
- Famous film adaptation of one of Lyme’s most famous sons, John Fowles. Iconic scene shot on the Cobb
- TV ‘whodunnit’ featuring murder, intrigue and West Bay’s mighty cliffs
- Recent big screen adaptation of Ian McEwan novel which made the 2007 Booker Prize List.
- Pirate-radio themed comedy shot in Weymouth with Bill Nighy, the late Philip Seymour Hoffman and Nick Frost
- EastEnders heart-throb Nick Berry turned harbourmaster for this West Bay TV drama
- Not quite on the coast but not too far away, we couldn’t leave out this classic 1967 Thomas Hardy adaptation. Recently reshot with Carey Mulligan, including scenes at near Bridport
- Convincing Jane Austen novel shot on location in Lyme Regis in the 1990s
- Superstar Brad Pitt descended on Lulworth Cove for this 2012 apocalyptic zombie flick
- Film from the 1960s starring the late Oliver Reed and shot in Weymouth. Shares its name with a seventies punk band!
- Classic children’s film with some coastal scenes shot near Abbotsbury. Features a flying car……
Answers: 1) The French Lieutenant’s Woman; 2) Broadchurch; 3) On Chesil Beach; 4) The Boat that Rocked; 5) Harbour Lights 6) Far From the Madding Crowd; 7) Persuasion 8) World War Z; 9) The Damned; 10) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
How many did you get? Let us know if you think there are any we’ve missed – yes, we know we forgot the Dambusters!
Visit our shop
Free delivery on orders over £25!
100% Organic Cotton| Secure Online Shopping